Parent education events
Education and support courses for parents and carers
Parent education and support programs
Providing knowledge and tools to improve parenting skills
Parent Education and Support Programs
The Infants’ Home runs a number of education and support programs each year to provide parents and carers with information and support on aspects of parenting, as well as the social, emotional and communication tools to help develop their parenting skills. Our parenting courses are often run in collaboration with external expert agencies.
The courses help parents to be more sensitive to their child’s emotions and more able to positively guide their behaviour, better understand their child’s needs, and to be calm and more purposeful in their play and interactions with their child.
2022 Parenting Programs
We are working with our partners and staff to plan for our 2022 parenting programs. We will advise our community via our website and social media pages when programs are confirmed prior to the commencement of each term, and we will provide booking links on our website as these become available.
Term 3 2022
Tuning in to Kids
Tuning in to Kids is a six-week program for parents and carers of children aged 3 to 8 years.
Would you like to learn how to:
- Be better at talking with your child?
- Understand your child better ?
- Help your child to learn to manage their emotions?
- Help to prevent challenging behaviours in your child?
- Teach your child to deal with conflict?
- Support your child to develop emotional intelligence?
This is a FREE face-to-face program. Please note that child minding is not available for this course.
Wednesdays, 27 July to 31 August (6 weeks)
9.30 am –11.30 am
At The Infants’ Home
17 Henry Street, Ashfield.
Book to attend this course here.
COURSES WE WILL BE OFFERING IN FUTURE INCLUDE:
Circle of Security
Circle of Security is an eight-week program for parents and carers of children aged birth to 8 years.
All parents can feel lost or unsure about what their child might need from them at times. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking of you. The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. This program can help parents and carers to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read their emotional needs
- Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of their child’s self esteem
- Honour their innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure.
Bringing Up Great Kids
Bringing Up Great Kids is a 6-week program for parents of children aged from birth to 12 years, which focuses on reflective and mindful parenting. The program is designed to promote reflection, and help parents and carers to respond rather than react to their child’s behaviours. The course will help parents and carers to explore:
- Their parenting style and being the parent they want to be
- Child and brain development to support them to understand their child’s behaviours and the connection of these with their thoughts and feelings
- Communication barriers
- Self-care to you can sustain themselves to support their children.
Tuning in to Teens
Tuning in to Teens is a six-week program for parents and carers of adolescents.
- Would you like to learn how to:
- Be better at talking with your teen?
- Be better at understanding your teen?
- Help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- Help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- Teach your teen to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence.
We will advise our community when dates, times and booking details for each of our parenting programs become available. For further information or to make an enquiry, please call us on 02 8719 5041, or email email@example.com.