High Quality Childcare, Sydney Inner West
High quality early childhood education and childcare from birth to school age
High Quality Childcare for Children from Birth to Preschool
We also provide childcare for vulnerable children, and those with special needs
The Infants’ Home has multiple Early Childhood Education and Childcare Centres providing high quality childcare, including care for vulnerable children and those with additional needs.
- Our qualified Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists work with the Early Childhood Educators in our childcare centres to offer children and families early intervention and specialist support where needed.
- Nutritionally balanced healthy meals and snacks for children are prepared on site from our state of the art kitchen.
- Our staff to child ratios and staff qualifications exceed the current national requirements for early childhood education and care services.
- Our centre-based preschool programs offer a comprehensive transition to school program.
- Our childcare centres are located within beautiful and expansive heritage listed grounds.
We are Taking Childcare Enrolments for 2024
Express your interest for childcare in 2024
The Infants’ Home has been providing childcare services for our community for almost 150 years. Our Early Childhood Education and Childcare services, located in Ashfield in the heart of Sydney’s Inner West, are rated as ‘Exceeding the National Quality Standard’. Each child’s learning and development is supported through a high-quality, play-based program delivered by qualified Early Childhood Educators.
We are now taking childcare enrolments for 2024.
Childcare from birth to school age.
Licensed for 84 children.
Childcare from two years to school age.
Licensed for 56 children.
Childcare from birth to two years.
Licensed for 48 children.
Ready to start your childcare enrolment?
It's a simple process that begins with completing an online form
Enrolling for childcare with The Infants’ Home is a simple process that begins with completing an online waiting list application. This is how our childcare enrolment process works:
- You start the enrolment process by completing a waiting list application.
- An application incurs a $22 non-refundable administration fee. This fee is not required at the time of the online application submission.
- We will contact you for payment once the childcare application has been received.
- You can pay the fee over the phone via credit card (which will incur a 1.5% surcharge) or via cash/EFTPOS by visiting reception.
- Once payment has been received you will then be placed on the childcare waiting list.
- Once a vacancy becomes available, we will contact you with an offer for a childcare enrolment at The Infants’ Home.
- Generally we require an acceptance or refusal of an offer within two working days.
Some notes about enrolling for childcare
- We accept childcare waiting list applications during pregnancy.
- Children and families experiencing vulnerabilities or have additional childcare needs are encouraged to speak to the children’s services intake team.
- Vacancies vary depending on age, days and when you require care.
- Where an enrolment has been accepted you will be required to complete an enrolment pack, attend an orientation session with the centre director, and pay a security deposit within five days of accepting the position.
- Priority of access guidelines may apply.
Have a question about enrolling for childcare?
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you to discuss your needs
If you have any questions about enrolling for childcare, please complete the childcare enrolment enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss your needs. We encourage families experiencing vulnerabilities or who have children with additional needs to contact us to speak with our children’s services intake team.