The Infants' Home Family Day Care
Winner of the National Perpetual Star Service Award 2018 (FDCA), for consistent quality service provision for more than 10 years
Family Day Care is just like home
The Infants’ Home services several regions across Sydney including Inner West Sydney, Northern Beaches, Eastern suburbs, South Sydney and the St George area. Use our Family Day Care Educator search below to find an educator near you.
Experienced and registered early childhood educators provide education and care for young children from six weeks to 12 years in small groups.
- Family Day Care is just like home- children take part in planned educational activities such as story and music time, art and craft, dramatic play and active play.
- Opportunities for siblings to be cared for together
- Affordable Fees
- Small groups of children with the same educator helps them feel secure to learn and develop.
- Flexible care arrangements – long and short day, outside standard hours, full time or part time, before and after school, weekend and overnight care.
Cost of care
Educators set their own fees. The fee is based on contracted hours or days.
Child Care Subsidies paid by the Federal Government are available to eligible families.
Prior to commencing care
Prior to commencing care, families must provide a copy of their child’s Immunisation History Statement. You can get a copy of your child’s immunisation details at any time:
Enrolling in Family Day Care
Please contact us to place your child on a waiting list for Family Day Care. Your inquiry will be handled by our experienced and qualified co-ordination units who will:
- Discuss your child’s and family’s needs with you and link you to a suitable educator.
- Guide you through the enrolment process, including access to Child Care subsidy to help reduce fees.
- Monitor your child’s wellbeing, learning and development.
- Provide training and support for your child’s educator and monitor the service they are providing.
- Ensure your Family Day Care service complies with National Quality Framework and regulatory requirements.
If you would like to discuss your care needs and provide you with opportunities to meet with Educators prior to enrolling please contact our Coordination Unit.
Submit a request for care
Click here to read our information and privacy handling policy.
Find a service near you
Searches within 10km of a postcode
Start your own Family Day Care
Running your own Family Day Care is a rewarding experience
The Infants’ Home’s Family Day Care Sydney Wide have been providing quality early education services to families across Sydney for over 40 years with the approved provider, The Infants’ Home, offering early education services since 1876.
- Work from home.
- You can choose your income level and have a productive work/life balance.
- You will benefit from brand recognition, marketing material, customer service management and professionals experienced in supporting and training you through your local scheme.
- You will work within the National Quality Framework, so the families using your service will know their children are receiving quality care.
- Access to professional development through training, forums and conferences.
Once registered with our scheme, you will get all the support, advice, training and guidance you need to start your own business.
We look for residences that meet regulations and have adequate space and facilities for a child care service.
Potential Family Day Care businesses must meet registration requirements of Family Day Care Sydney Wide to be eligible to operate under our licence and the National Quality Framework.
To express interest in starting your own Family Day Care Business, please contact us and one of our co-ordinators will contact you to discuss.