Centre-based childcare centres
Community-based, high quality early childhood education and care for children from birth to Preschool
We have four Early Childhood Education and Care Centres
Providing high quality childcare including care for vulnerable children, and those with special needs
Providing quality education, care and family support
We are currently taking new enrolments for 2023
The Infants’ Home has been providing services for our community for almost 150 years. Our four Early Childhood Education and Care services, located in Ashfield in the heart of Sydney’s Inner West, are rated as ‘Exceeding the National Quality Standard’. Each child’s learning and development is supported through a high-quality, play-based program delivered by qualified Early Childhood Educators.
We are now taking enrolments for 2023.
About our Centre-based childcare centres
High quality early childhood education and care for children
The Infants’ Home has four Early Childhood Education and Care Centres providing high quality childcare, including care for vulnerable children and those with additional needs.
- Our qualified Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists work with the Early Childhood Educators in our centres to offer children and families early intervention and specialist support where needed.
- Nutritionally balanced healthy meals and snacks for children are prepared on site from our state of the art kitchen.
- Our staff to child ratios and staff qualifications exceed the current national requirements for early childhood education and care services.
- Our centre-based preschool programs offer a comprehensive transition to school program.
- Our centres are located within beautiful and expansive heritage listed grounds.
Enrolling for early childhood education and care
Complete the waiting list application to join The Infants’ Home waitlist. Alternatively, complete the enrolment enquiry form on this page and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
- Placing your child on our waiting list incurs an administrative fee of $22 which is non-refundable.
- We accept waiting list applications during pregnancy.
- Priority of access guidelines may apply.
- Children and families experiencing vulnerabilities or additional needs are encouraged to speak to the children’s services intake team.
- Once the form has been received we will contact you for payment.
- You can pay the fee over the phone via credit card (which will incur a 1.5% surcharge) or by coming into reception and paying by cash or EFTPOS.
- Our office hours are 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Once payment has been made you will then be placed on the waitlist.
- Vacancies vary depending on age, days and when you require care.
- Once a vacancy becomes available, we will contact you with an offer for an enrolment at The Infants’ Home.
- Generally we require an acceptance or refusal of an offer within two working days.
- Where an enrolment has been accepted you will be required to complete an enrolment pack, attend an orientation session with the centre director, and pay a security deposit within five days of accepting the position.