Centre-based childcare centres
Community-based, high quality early childhood education and care for children from birth to Preschool
We have five Early Childhood Education and Care Centres
Providing high quality childcare including care for vulnerable children, and those with special needs
Continuing to provide quality education, care and family support
We are currently taking on new enrolments
The Infants’ Home has been providing support for the local community during times of crisis for over 145 years. We are continuing to operate our childcare services during the COVID-19 emergency. If you are an essential worker, currently experiencing hardship or are searching for a new provider that will offer quality care for your child then please contact us.
We are currently enrolling for our childcare and community based preschool services.
About our Centre-based childcare centres
High quality early childhood education and care for children
The Infants’ Home has five Early Childhood Education and Care Centres providing high quality childcare, including care for vulnerable children and those with special needs:
- Our qualified Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists work with our educators in the centres to offer children and families early intervention and specialist health services.
- Nutritionally balanced healthy meals and snacks prepared on site from our state of the art kitchen.
- Child to staff ratios and staff qualifications at The Infants’ Home exceed the current national requirements for early education and care.
- Our Preschool offers a well-developed successful transition to school program.
- Located on beautiful heritage listed grounds.
Enrolling for early childhood education and care
Complete the waiting list application to join The Infants’ Home waitlist. Alternatively, complete the enrolment enquiry form on this page and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
- Placing your child on our waiting list incurs an administrative fee of $22 which is non-refundable.
- We accept waiting list applications during pregnancy.
- Priority of access guidelines may apply.
- Children and families experiencing vulnerabilities or additional needs are encouraged to speak to the children’s services intake team.
- Once the form has been received we will contact you for payment.
- You can pay the fee over the phone via credit card (which will incur a 1.5% surcharge) or by coming into reception and paying by cash or EFTPOS.
- Our office hours are 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Once payment has been made you will then be placed on the waitlist.
- Vacancies vary depending on age, days and when you require care.
- Once a vacancy becomes available, we will contact you with an offer for an enrolment at The Infants’ Home.
- Generally we require an acceptance or refusal of an offer within two working days.
- Where an enrolment has been accepted you will be required to complete an enrolment pack, attend an orientation session with the centre director, and pay a security deposit within five days of accepting the position.